Friday, July 22, 2011

In Which the Name of My Blog is Explained

"Why IS a raven like a writing desk?"
Carroll himself had no answer when he wrote this riddle, but fans jumped at the opportunity to solve it for him. Favorite answers include:
  • Because the notes for which they are noted are not noted for being musical notes.
  • Because Poe wrote on both.
  • Because there is a B in both and an N in neither. (Get it?)
Thus, we come to a few reasons MY writing is like that riddle.
  • When I start writing, I almost always don't know the end (the answer).
  • My characters (my only fans so far) usually create the end for me. 
  • My writing is cool. Really, it is. (If I do say so myself.)
And the big reason the parallel doesn't work?
My writing isn't famous. (Yet.)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment